Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Views/Opinions
Thread: Views/Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 09:08 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Alot of people take these things literally and believe this is all yet to come. There are all kinds of books out on the End Times, the Beast, and all that goes with it. I was taught that the book of Revelation was written for the people of that time and in a style of writing called Apocaliptic writing (however ya spell it). It was symbolism for what was happening to the christians from the Roman empire. People of that time was use to that style of writing and it wasn't a mystery to them at all.

The book of Revelation is as true as it gets. It is to be taken literally because it will all happen. Absolutely NO part of the Bible was just written for that particular time period. if that's the case, then it's just an old washed up book that we should've stopped reading long ago. The Bible is our guide to the past, present and future. It's also our guide on how to get to our "after life" in heaven with God and His Son. It teaches us. Revelation can be a scary book to read because it's hard to wrap our minds around it. But make no doubt, it will all happen. It's not a style of writing, or just a threat, it's going to all happen. When Jesus Christ comes back down from Heaven, EVERY dead person will raise from the dead just like Jesus did after his death. The sad thing is, not all of them will be going to Heaven.
I'm not trying to start an argument at all southern man, but I feel strongly about my faith. The book of Revelation was meant to show us what to expect when Jesus returns. If it was intended to just scare us or just be a style of writing, you can rest assure that it would actually say that somewhere in the Bible. And it doesn't.