Deer Hunting Forums banner

Crossbows

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ronn 
#1 ·
Just want to know if anyone here uses crossbows and what would be a medium priced good one and what would be an accurate range for one. My vision is not the best or I would get a bow that's why I was thinking about getting crossbow with a scope. This would also allow me to get in the woods a month earlier than rifle season :pickle:Any opinions would be appreciated

G
#2 ·
nothing wrong with crossbows/crossguns. i don't have one but would like to get one. there are times and places that it would be the best weapon choice. state regs are different all over. some states consider it a bow, some, like here in nh, a rifle. personally i think its more a rifle than a bow but whatever. i think nh has it right. excalibur is one i hear a alot about, then there is ten point. i would like to see and shoot the pse copperhead, being a pse fan.

be sure to let us know what you find out about them

#3 ·
I am with Ronn on there being nothing wrong with a crossbow. However, I do believe it is more like a rifle instead of a bow, there is a totally different skill set involved with archery vs a gun/crossbow. In my state there is no season for them, you may only use one if you are disabled and unable to use archery equipment. This is also during archery seasons only. However, there are special hunts/dates offered for folks who are severly limited such as being in a wheel chair.Good luck, there are a lot of products out there and your best bet would probably be to try a few to see if you like them.

#4 ·
Thanks for your info, here in alabama it's treated the same as a bow. Bow season start one month earlier than rifle season that's why I really wanna get one. That would give me 3 months to deer hunt :thumbup: I think I can test shoot them at the bass pro shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.