Deer Hunting Forums banner

T/C

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  turbohawk1 
#1 ·
Was checking out dicks and gander today, TC impact for 199.99 at dicks. What you guys think. Should i spend the exta money on the omega. I'm buying by the end of this month. Thanks for all the help!!!

#2 ·
I'd choose the Impact over the Omega, You'll be much happier with the Break open action on the Impact when it's time to clean the weapon.

#3 ·
I don't understand this? I've had an Accura V2, two Optimas, and a Vortek UL. All break open actions.

I find my Omega easier to clean.

You should read about disassembling the Impact. Hardly easy to clean.

There's more to cleaning a gun than running a patch down the bore.

#8 ·
cleaned it 3 months ago with gun scrubber and relubed with barricade. I dont like to use thick gobby oil as it seems to attract dirt and other nasty stuff.

What i hated about the drop actions was having to remove the barrel every time just to clean the trigger mech due to the blow by. Priming with a scope on i found to be another pain.

Greatest deals i ever come across for cleaning a rifle. Heck i even use it when i am customizing a wood stock. My GRP was basically rebuilt on top of it LOL.

#9 ·
Funny you should show that picture. A perfect example of having the stock and barrel in the normal position to clean is easier.:bye:

Not sure what you were using for powder, but my trigger stays completely clean. I haven't touched it since I lubed it when I bought the gun.

Removing the barrel doesn't take anymore time than your barrel (15 sec for me). You do remove your barrel to clean and lube your barrel pivot point don't you?

Hard to put primers in? Stop talking like an old lady. It's not hard.

Why don't you mention the best breech plug design in the industry? I can shoot BH 209 with a ML primer. (Rem Kleanbore)

Face it FG. CVA has you by the nuts. It's not the best inline available.

Ok...your turn.

#15 ·
I do too HM, I like my weapons to be on the extremely clean side, that's how I was taught to do it in the Military and I'll die doing it the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.