Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Changed up my shooting today
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Default Changed up my shooting today

Left the lead sled out home and slung the tack driver bag rest over my shoulder and went out to do some shooting laying down. I didnt shoot my normal powder but instead used american pioneer 2f ( 90 grains) 300gr powerbelt platinum and winchester w209 primers. First shot on a clean bore is always off so thats basically just the fouler shot that the company recommends that you do.

Shots 2 and 3 were touching and shot 4 for some reason " most likely me' dropped down a couple inches. Still well within the kill zone. Shot 5 just a bit above shots 2 and 3. Pretty consistent considering i didnt allow any cool down time and the fact that i had to push through a crud ring the W209 primers leave behind. I took a total of 8 shots if you count the fouling shot. They grouped pretty decent but i think on my regular rest they'd have looked a lot better.

Time to wash up! Ground was still damp from the snow melting but it was worth it. I need to start getting back into that form of shooting and stop relying on the sled.