Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - hunting around harvested ricefields
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Scrub Buck

Default glad to hear you say that

I had to do it!!! I skipped out of work early after lunch and slipped in the woods for about a 15 minute walk looking for some doe sign. And boy...did I see doe sign! they are coming through the funnel that cross the bayou, the doe trail is beat to pieces with tracks that lead straight to the cutovers - where I think they are bedding. I also saw what I think is a buck trail that cross the doe trail. It was small and very hard to pick out, but had some large tracks in it. It is coming from a differnt thicket, but going to the same place the doe are. Also I found 2 new traditional scrapes surrounded by rubs on saplings that were pushed in to the ground, and it wasn't too far from the stand. It had fresh urine in it that smelled like heck. Speaking of heck...I got the heck out of there because the season opens on Saturday and I didn't want to scare them off. Anyway, I've never seen so many tracks in all my life. We have a real nice crop of whiteoaks this year that is the best we've had in a while...the weather was perfect this year.

I LOVE THIS SITE!!! CAN'T WAIT TO TELL MY FRIENDS ABOUT IT, SO MAYBE THEY CAN LEARN WHY I NEVER HUNT WITH THEM...HA HA. (THEY GET TO THE STAND AT DAYLIGHT LEAVE 30 MIN'S LATER AND DRIVE THEIR 4WHLRS THE REST OF THE DAY) I'll send an update after the weekend hunt. thanks again.

Last edited by buckfever; 11-08-2007 at 06:26 PM.