Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Mossberg 535ATS 12gauge combo help!!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILhunter72 View Post
Any one owns it? Is it any good? Whats a good scope and ammo to use on this shotgun? 28" vent rib field barrel and fully rifled 24" slug barrel. shells up to 3-1/2 in. magnum.
Thank you.
I do, shot my first deer with it this season. Deer didn't run too far. You cannot install a scope on the barrels that come in this combo (unless they change it and I don't think so from your description), so I had to buy an extra barrel from Walmart.com for 150. It came with a Bushnell scope and that scope should be OK to use. However, I changed that scope to "Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn" and I think it's a bit better than that for some extra eye relieve. But I don't think it's that much better than the one coming with the barrel, I just happened to have one already.

I like lighter recoil and my shotgun shoots accurate up to 100 yards with Winchester SuperX Sabot slugs.

PPS I actually thought that I can sell the barrel to you (with my scope on it) for $150 (you'll save on sales tax and I will pay shipping myself) since I am relocating to the west where I would rather need a high-powered rifle than a shotgun with a scope. And if you want to stop by, I live in Milwaukee and I'd be glad to show it to ya...

Last edited by MrFox; 01-21-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling