Deer Hunting Forums banner

woohoo I'm the first poster!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jake112 
#1 ·
Well, guys, I'll start a topic regarding shed hunting... where do most of you find your sheds (and don't say next to your house!)

creeks/streams
trails
feeding areas
bedding areas
fence lines
wood lines
middle of woods
random places

I haven't been shed hunting very long, so any help would be appreciated. Funny story, I told my Mother about a year ago that deer lose their antlers every year and grow new ones back. She looked at me and said "now, you are lying about that". She still doesn't believe me! hahaha

#3 ·
I find most of mine on field edges and open fields , But were ever the deer walk they can drop off . If you find one side keep looking for the other side i have found the second side 3/4 mi away . And once both sides laying together right next to my Honda when i got back to it..
Look for the small ones and the big ones will jump out at you even across the field

#6 ·
Every year i hunt my uncles woods in wisconsin and for the last three years i have found a 2 sheds while acculy looking and 1 accidently and all these sheds have been found in the same exact spot no lie i dont know if it's a fluke or what but this year he told me the nieghbors shot it one their land and i was dumb founded cause i thought i knew him better than to go over there but while i was turkey hunting i got sick of it cause they hung up way way out of range so i put my stuff away and went for a jog/shed hunt and i found my massive tens antler in thesame spot as the other ones! His woods is like a forestery thing where the lumber people are gonna come back and cut down the pines and they come out and selectivly harvest it if you know what that is so ya

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.