Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ohio ML hunt

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  spiker 
#1 ·
Going to put the TC Triumph to real test in January for Ohio's ML late season. Going to let my good hunting buddy carry my Knight disk rifle. Both will be shooting 250 gr TC shock wave bullets and 100 gr Black Horn powder and CCi shot gun 209 primers. This combination has proven to give excellent results in both rifles. I could use some meat in the freezer. Son says we get to stay with him.

#2 ·
Good Luck HM, I hope to have made my muzzleloader purchase in time to re-stock the freezer too, my oldest and his family have put a hurtin' on my venison reserve. I may try to hit the woods a little this weekend for the end of shotgun but who knows.
BTW, I think I'll end up with the Traditions Buckstalker Mag.

#3 · (Edited)
Ohio Hunter back to you on the good luck. Where do you hunt in Ohio? I'll be near Hocking college in Athens Co. All the Traditions purchases around here what's up? Being (mostly) a TC man I just received a Traditions catalog and will admit they have some nice looking stuff, not enough for me to purchase yet. Traditions seems to be committed to ML products and it is displayed in their rifles. This is how TC started way back when and is continued today. While TC rifles are a bit more money at the start if you wish to sell down the road you'll get more back too and they'll shoot with anything out there. Good luck on your purchase!

#5 ·
Ohio Hunter back to you on the good luck. Where do you hunt in Ohio? I'll be near Hocking college in Athens Co. All the Traditions purchases around here what's up? Being (mostly) a TC man I just received a Traditions catalog and will admit they have some nice looking stuff, not enough for me to purchase yet. Traditions seems to be committed to ML products and it is displayed in their rifles. This is how TC started way back when and is continued today. While TC rifles are a bit more money at the start if you wish to sell down the road you'll get more back too and they'll shoot with anything out there. Good luck on your purchase

HM BB is breaking you down:w00t::w00t::w00t:

#4 · (Edited)
I hunt/live in southern Jefferson County. As far as the Traditions frenzy, I think it is the low entry cost for a decent rifle. (Most guys I know are Bowhunters by choice, but are shotgun/muzzleloader by circumstances beyond control. For example; after the first day or so of gun season, everything is locked down and if you aint driving deer, they aint moving.) We all have shotguns for small game and slug barrels for deer season but not alot of us are willing to drop the cash into T/C grade muzzleloader that might get used the weekend of ML or at best the week of shotgun season. I do have some friends that wouldn't be caught dead shooting anything but a frontstuffer but most the guys I know just aren't that serious about it........Also if you hunt Athens Co., have you seen the the 3 bucks found locked together down there. I have the pics of it but was wandering if anyone down the has the real story on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.