Deer Hunting Forums banner

T.C. closing NH plant

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
Anyone hear about Thompson Center closing the Plant in New Hampshire looks like they are moving into the Springfield Ma. plant (S&W) appears S&W and TC are not selling well

#3 ·
Yeah not good
I also heard S&W was in trouble for bribing some forign official looked at their stock the other day & it was tanking
Good news for me is Ruger is doing Fairly well right now

#5 ·
Yup it stinks they said over 200 were working there I don't know if any were going to the other plant but I doubt many would unless they moved
Long Drive

#6 ·
It may be too soon to speculate on what's really happening but I have heard all sorts of rumors that I don't even want to think about like S&W may get rid of the entire TC line accept the Icon.
I do know that the TC custom barrel shop (aka "Fox Ridge Outfitters") is closed and has been for months now...

Not good news at all for the many who will lose or have already lost their jobs due to the closing...

#13 ·
Well it's not good news for those loosing their jobs. The local economy will take a big hit as well as the families. However, I don't see where the TC products won't continue at the new location or am I missing something? They even want to relocate some of the experienced TC staff to help. The plant I work at has been sold 3 times and maybe a 4th, and we continue to produce quality products so a name change isn't always a doom & gloom thing. Lets see what the near term provides. I hope TC continues their line of firearms maintaining the high quality we have come to associate them with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.