Deer Hunting Forums banner

Deer camp

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
Ok lets here all those deer camp traditions .

#3 ·
im always the cook. i think thats the only tradition that hasn't changed since we were camping when we were still in high school. supper was always what we called hobo stew. i brought a bunch a different veggies of whatever we could get, brown me some meat, threw it all in a pot and cooked over a fire. we would eat out of it all day and usually for breakfast the next morning. on occasion i would actually take some breakfast stuff.. one time i tried cooking canned biscuits wrapped in aluminum foil on a grate over the fire. it didn't worked by no means the way they do in the oven but they tasted the same and went good with the bacon and sausage.

#13 ·
we all get together on the day before and shoot the rifles one last time.check for accuracy and bragging rights.New guy does the dishes first couple nights,drags the deer or gets the jeep and any other chores the oldtimers deem nesesary .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.