Deer Hunting Forums banner

College Football Bowl Pick Em

12K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  traindriver 
#1 ·
We did this last year for the NCAA March Madness.

Any of yall follow college football and want to do one on all the bowl games. We would set up through ESPN the same way and hopefully I can come up with something small to send the winner.

Any interest?

#5 ·
This message is from Mark Freeman with DeerHuntersClub.com who is challenging you to play College Bowl Mania on ESPN.com.

This game challenges you to select the winners of each of the NCAA college football bowl games. You can play with a Confidence scoring system (assign confidence points to your picks) or Straight scoring system (just pick the winners!). Best of all, the game is FREE to play!

Get in the action now:
ESPN - College Bowl Mania - Group

Group: DeerHuntersClub.com
Password: dhcsports

Winner gets a free DeerHuntersClub.com Hat..

Even if you dont know football just do like me and guess!! You have a 50% chance of getting it right!!

#20 ·
problem is those hogs have never played in a big game :whistling: OSU plays every year, that equals something :crazy: they may not win all the time but getting there is tougher every year. Delbert, you got a Michigan QB, that doesn't bode well for you. :no: Buckeyes 23, Hogs 17. I may be eating bacon after the game but it's better than crunching down those nasty buckeyes. I'll send you some to try after the game!!!!! :wink:

#21 ·
I realize I'm not doing the "pick 'em" game, but wanted to add something to this conversation... Did anyone see the K-State/Syracuse game played at Yankee Stadium? Basically what happened is a kid caught a pass and ran it in from about 30+yds away. At the end of the play (touchdown) he did this big salute to the crowd and 2 refs flagged him for it. Now, hear me out.... I AM WITH THE REFS! I got so ticked off at those ESPN commentators and the ESPN guys on sportscenter. They said things like "HOW CAN A REF CALL THAT IN THIS BIG GAME?" and "THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST CALL OF THE YEAR" and "THAT REF WILL REGRET EVER THROWING THAT FLAG!" Here's my point.... If you want to talk about stupid... look at the kid who saluted. It is in PLAIN english in the rule book that you cannot do ANY sort of gesture (and saluting is a gesture) towards the crowd, teammate, or other team. HECK the K-State QB even said after the game that they all knew they can't do that in a game!!!! But here we have adults making excuse for college kids. If you ask me, those refs didn't lose that game for K-State, that kid did. PERIOD. He was stupid enough to do something he wasn't supposed to. OH MY, just had a thought.....maybe this is why kids now days act like they do... mom and dad stick up for them even if they commit murder! That kid who saluted said after the game that the ref ran by him and said "WRONG CHOICE BUDDY". and that's exactly RIGHT. it was a CHOICE that kid made and he should be the one feeling like he let his team down. It just really makes me upset with adults stick up for kids when they do something BLATANTLY WRONG.

BTW... i have nothing against saluting.

#23 ·
I absolutely agree with you HM. I'm not always on the Ref's side! haha
They need to be more consistant. it's my understanding that the Ref's in Bowl Games aren't always the same refs these teams have during the regular season. They could be from across the country somewhere.

#30 ·
Buckeyes are from the buckeye tree. They are fairly good size and are a green spiked outer covered round thing with a inner dark brown solid nut like ball. About the size of a golf ball. Don't eat them as far I know they might make you sick, kinda how the hogs felt.:surprised:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.