Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ohio opening day Doe and 11 Point Buck

7K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  gargoyle 
#1 ·
I started opening day with a Doe at 8:30 and an 11 Point Buck at 12:30!

See less See more
#5 ·
very nice. i take it the bucks getting mounted right?
The wife said I'm not getting the whole head mounted but I am getting the antlers mounted on a plaque they said it will be done in 1 to 2 weeks. She said it would scare the crap out of her at night. Oh well wasn't worth fighting over I guess. We have one more kid to get in college so I can have my man room.

#8 ·
antlers only is a fine choice too. my father in law is doing up a euro mount for the buck i took this year, theres a thread with a pic titled "8pt taken in upstate new york". and you cant argue with the wife, if you know whats good for you.

#13 ·
The doe was from a treestand. My buddies at work finally talked me into a climber treestand. I got a cheap Ameristep Grizzly for $50 bucks at my local outdoor store. It's a little heavy but something to start with. I got the buck on a deer drive. The buck and a doe came running down off of the hill full speed and since I had all ready gotten a doe earlier I just put the crosshairs on the buck. I missed the first shot and the second shot was a side shot from behind. I saw the buck drop 150 yards away and the doe hopped the fence and kept going. When we got to the buck I was surprised he dropped so soon because it looked like a gut shot but when I was field dressing it one of the other guys pointed out the hole in his heart. I guess the slug when in through his stomach and hit his heart. I'm not a fan of deer drives but I guess I can't complain now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.