Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - The real reason for the holiday...
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 AM
B&C 180 Class

Thumbs up The real reason for the holiday...

I had a Bible teacher tell me once that he was thinking about Christmas cards and how people put "Happy Holidays" on them. To him this was sort of offensive. I have to admit, my wife and I never realized how this was offensive until we were in his class. The reason it's offensive is because Christmas is the birth of Jesus Christ. It's not a time to celebrate anything else. Too many times in our lives we think about Christmas as a time to celebrate gifts, giving and santa claus. That not the real reason for the Christmas holiday. By saying "happy holidays" you are, in a way, not admitting that you are celebrating Christ's birth on this earth and the fact that God sent his son to be born to a virgin (which in itself is a miracle that only God could do). By saying Merry Christmas you are acknowledging that you celebrate Christmas by worshiping and thanking God for sending his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins (which is something we as humans are not worthy of and we don't deserve). My wife and I are sure now to always buy Merry Christmas cards and it doesn't hurt to have a scripture out of the Bible in them as well. Something as simple as having a scripture verse in your Christmas cards shows others that you believe in the Bible and you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior!
Another pet peeve of mine is using the term "X-mas". Spelling it out makes me think about CHRIST-mas. By putting Christ first in your life, you will have the beginning of getting your priorities straight...
Like always, if anyone wants answers to questions about Jesus or God or anything Biblical please feel free to e-mail me at tay44lor@gmail.com. Or if you just want to talk about something going on in your life, I'm here for you guys... Everyone goes through hard times, especially this time of year. Remember the real reason for the Holidays!
JESUS CHRIST was BORN!!!