Pic of 1st deer bow kill

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
anyone see where I stuck her?

See less See more
#3 ·
Nope that is what a few freinds thought really have4 to look hard to find it
Where's waldo???
She only went 50 yards & left a blood trail solid for all 50 yards & was at least 3 feet wide dark red & some bubbling

#6 · (Edited)
OK I will tell ya it was a long hunt had watched these few doe for an hour eating acorns & this one finally came up to where I was sitting at full draw twice for over 5 min ea time we were in a stare down head on she just would not look away ( Must have liked my charming good looks YEAH RIGHT) she finally gave me a shot at this time my arms were getting tired picked the spot & released
If you look at the most left arrow in my quiver you will see part of the very large hole in her neck I took out everything in the neck even cut into the vertebrae not the best shot but I have learned that Now instead of shooting 12 to 40 arrows a night I am shooting 6 & holding ea at full draw for as long as I can to try & still make the shot this could have gone wrong in a hurry but someone was looking over me & my youngest daughter got venison for her birthday dinner Just what she wanted from me 10/10/10 A hunt I will never forget
good job HM I thought that was the dead giveaway you won what I don't know but I will think of something

#8 ·
Hmmm I will have to think about that one
Funny thing is she was broadside just not a whole lot of her sticking out I had the kill zone forward just shot forward thank goodness for the Rage I really have to give the credit to the broadhead on this one

#15 ·
Thanks everyone it may only be a doe but it will alway's be a trophy to me
My daugter is very proud & told her class she got the best birthday present ever

#17 ·
Took her in the throat & took out everything from part of the spinal column forward Yeah I know my buddies were making fun of me with all my arrows a few of them are set up for small game for the darn Squirrels I have a quick detach quiver so usually what I get set up I remove it from the bow

#18 ·
Buckshot, he said I won the "where did I hit it contest". Still waiting for the prize. Although it took 2 guesses. We didn't talk about possible neck roast damage, the most (bestest), I know what's that word, part of the deer. This year I don't have any doe tags for PA, we decided that there are just too few deer to harvest the does for a couple of years. Hopefully my freezer space gets some replacements. Oh, I should be going to NH for a fully guided hunt, a sure fire deer in the bag hunt! :whistling::ibtl:

#19 ·
HM very little neck roast damage
I wish I could afford to get you out here but if you are in NH I could welcome you in on a hunt can't "Guide" in NH without a license
& I don't remember this part "a sure fire deer in the bag hunt! :whistling::ibtl: "
You obviously have never hunted NH only sure thing is you will be in the woods LOL

YOU DID WIN
PM ME YOUR ADDRESS & I WILL SEND YOU A PRIZE NO JOKE

speaking of prizes no contests this year finally get one with the bow jeeezzzz
J/K :smile:

#21 ·
HM I know it was in fun but the offer stands for the prize or the hunt
If anyone comes to NH I would not mind at all to take them out hunting I am NO expert by any means but would help out as much as I could to make their hunt the best it can be
we are not well known for our deer hunting like a lot of other states our heard is approx. 80,000 & it seems we are below that this year mostly due to our harsh winters, Lack of farm land & poor soil. we had a reduction in day's we can hunt does & Now they are talking about a possible BASM (Buck Age system management) have to wait & see guess I will have to start putting in for the Moose permits

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.