Deer Hunting Forums banner

New trail cam pics.

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 ·
Got these over the weekend. just getting around to posting them. should be a good year.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
these pics are from my lease in Southwest georgia. @20 east of Eufala, Ala. Back years (+15) ago some wisconsin whitetails were released in the area. Can still run into some deer with big body size. A good doe will go between 120 - 150 lbs. A good buck averages about 160 - 190 lbs. Although some of the bruisers will go over 200. Biggest one in the last 5 years weighed just over 225. and he was a PIG.

#7 ·
HM, just saw your post on deer weights. the weights i listed above are on the hoof. I don't normally gut my deer on my lease. the processor is about 5 miles down the road and he charges the same if i do it or he does it. so i let him do it. lol

#10 ·
delbert you're pretty good! :yes: I do my own processing just because the 1 time I had a commercial shop do it and took a tour of the place i knew right there I had to do my own. They would grind burger into a very large vat mixing with other's deer, and I also got about 1/2 the weight I should have.

#16 ·
sounds like you went to the wrong place.Check out other processors.The one I use is a very good guy and does one at a time no mixing yours with others and always feel I get plenty back for what I take in.There is always a bad one of everything,Dont judge them all on the one bad one.:thumbup:

#13 ·
Great pics...

And on the processors... You know those guys are hooking theirself up with the best tenderloin etc.... Or their buddies with a couple pounds here and there.. They dont buy meat from the store ever..
i have my choice of 2 processors. the one guy ALWAYS has summer sausage and jerky for sale. not supposed to sell it, but. always wondered where the meat come from. lol. the other guy i use seems to be pretty up and up. he weighs them when they come in and you should get about 35% of the live weight back in meat. hogs are alittle less, about 33% . he seems to do me right. been using the same guy for about 9 years and my coolers are always pretty full when i pick up my deer.

#14 ·
The only thing I don't bone out is the neck roasts, but I've weighed out the remaining meat from 120 lb bucks and usually get around 50% from the carcass?? 60-65 lbs would be the norm. I don't do sausage, it doesn't do well with me. I'm going to re-check this if things work out this year :nerd: and give an up-dated report. My buddy de-bones the neck roast and rolls it up and ties it with string after seasons are added and then bacon wrapped for the oven. I prefer the pressure cooker for the neck roast comes out better than any beef would.

#15 ·
The presure cooker is a great thing for venison.

I use a processor because of the time it takes to cut and package. I trust the guy I use now I have seen how he runs his shop and he has a great system. All he does is deer, he set up a shop behind his house and has a good layout that takes the deer from the drop in cooler to the skinning/hanging cooler. He takes one deer at a time to cut and package.

He only works durring deer season and will process 800+ deer a season @55 ea. He fishes the rest of the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.