Deer Hunting Forums banner

Field & Stream Best of the Best (Winner)

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
#2 ·
pretty pricey IMO. I can buy another rifle for $170 that a trigger in the 3lb range and shoot that kind of group they are talking about. Heck i just finished that group about 10 minutes ago! LOL.

They are a nice rifle though, i like the picture/engraving on the side of the rifle.

Traditions certainly is producing a much better rifle now days than they did a couple years ago.

#3 ·
Pricey? what do you consider pricey and what should a buyer expect to pay for a Muzzleloader that can achieve Sub 1" Moa?

#5 ·
#6 ·
I remember when the TC hawken rifles were $150.00 now I saw something like 700.00. I don't think $400.00 for what you're getting these days would be outrageous. When I built my 54 flint Hawken I had $800.00 in parts and a mostly shaped stock. I thought I was crazy at the time but it was worth doing the project. $100.00 muzzleloaders are usually just that. Most will shoot pretty well but not much to look at.

#7 ·
HM, have you noticed the TC's seem to be coming down in price a little. I think lowering prices is a great thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.