Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Remington 870 Express
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
titus2423
B&C 100 Class

Well, I figured I would give you guys an update. I visited a shop in my area and they only had the 870 in synthetic. Unfortunately, I was looking for a wood stock. The stock on the Remington is pretty ugly in my eyes so I took a look at their Mossberg 500's. Their stocks do not have the strongly pronounced wood grain like the Remington's do, rather they have a smooth, laminate finish. After talking with Brian, the shop worker who helped me, I walked out with a 500 in 12 gauge.

I did alot of research on the Mossbergs as well and the only issue that seemed to pop up frequently were with the shell stops. That I can deal with because it's not only covered under warranty but would not require me to send in the gun for repair. The Mossberg also came with a 10 year warranty as opposed to the Remington's 2 year warranty.

Finally, the Mossberg was priced well. Out the door, I paid $312. The Remington would have been the same price from Dunham's but with a $30 mail in rebate. Of course, that's $30 more I could have had back in my pocket. In the end though, I feel that either way I was making a solid decision, not to mention I gave business to one of the "little guys" and not a box store. The only thing I need to do is outfit her with a sling and, at some point, set it up to shoot some deer as well as waterfowl and other critters!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome