Deer Hunting Forums banner

how old is this Buck

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
I could use some help at aging this deer. It might be 2 1/2- 3 1/2 years old ??

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
I was guessing more like 2 1/2. deer are all different sizes across the North America though. A 2 1/2 year old in missouri isn't going to have the body of a 2 1/2 year old up in canada. plus the nutrition of the deer is important consideration too. He might be 3, but to me, it looks like this Dec he'll just turn 3.

G
#15 ·
I was guessing more like 2 1/2. deer are all different sizes across the North America though. A 2 1/2 year old in missouri isn't going to have the body of a 2 1/2 year old up in canada. plus the nutrition of the deer is important consideration too. He might be 3, but to me, it looks like this Dec he'll just turn 3.
dec is the 1/2 year deer are born in june.

#16 ·
yeah, my fault ronn.... wasn't thinking! sometimes the fingers go faster than the brain! do you think he's a 3 year old? to me he just didn't look that big in the body and rack... but i've been fooled before. Thanks for catching my error..

G
#18 ·
yeah, my fault ronn.... wasn't thinking! sometimes the fingers go faster than the brain! do you think he's a 3 year old? to me he just didn't look that big in the body and rack... but i've been fooled before. Thanks for catching my error..
happens to me all the time.lol its just one of my pet pives to see a pic of a buck in july and someone say its something and a half because we hear and a half all the time on tv but those are pics in the fall.

yea i pretty sure its 3 in the pic middle of summer so the big brute neck and front end isn't there yet. his back is not sagging and he's fairly straight from chest through the belly no pot belly. the race horse look. a pic in nov would be easier to get an idea of age.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.