Deer Hunting Forums banner

sighting in eliminator

6K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Southern Man 
#1 ·
has anyone tried to sight in the burris eliminator i got one two weeks ago i shot 50 rounds and it's still not right the rings are tight and the rifle is new and tight so what give just a bad scope or what please help this was not cheap and my wife knows what it cost :unsure:

#2 ·
Sorry never owned a Burris scope but I know they make quality products. After 10 rounds I think I'd started checking things out. What type of rings do you go with. I installed Millet adjustable rings on the TC and hate them. Last time I will use them. Where on the paper are you hitting? Any pattern to the shots? I really doubt a bad scope, especially new, something else most likely.

#3 ·
i have the scope on a tc venture and the rings or claps are from burris they came with the scope i shoot three rounds at a time they are tight one inch pattern but when you try to turn it down or left or right it goes were ever it wants my targets are one foot by two foot and i have bullet hole over the hole thing

#5 ·
i did that yesterday they said have a gunsmith install the scope which i did today so it's back to the range and if it don't get better they did say i can send it back but deer season starts in october in nc so i hope this work thanks for the reply

#7 ·
The Burris Eliminator is one of their newer scopes, and I thought of getting one myself except I learned that it won't operate under something like 17 degrees - here is Montana, much of the hunting season can be a whole lot colder than that. so I probably won't get one. Burris does have a marvelous guarantee - for the life of the product regardless of whether it belongs to the original owner. I would take advantage of that it I were you as that is not a cheap scope by any means, but I would first check out the bases and rings to be sure that they were tight. By the way, having the scope installed by a gun shop is no guarantee that it will be done correctly; I have seen some terrible mounting jobs done by "professionals", including a scope whose rings were OVER TIGHTENED to the point where the tube had been crushed. If I were you, I'd get someone with a good and verifiable reputation to check all this out for you. Good luck!

#10 ·
My guess on this is that Midway offers a one year warranty in addition to the Burris lifetime. Anyway, I hope so because this is an expensive scope.
By the way, after this issue is all settled, I'd sure like to know if this scope does what it's supposed to - automatically range and show where to aim.

#13 ·
It's got to be the scope

You are shooting 1 inch groups, it isn't the mounting, the scope mounts, or the rings. It is the scope. If you move it to the right or left and it doesn't follow directions it's the scope. I have worked hunter sight in days where very expensive scopes had a serious attitude about not following directions. They were bad and had to go back to the manufacturer. Lucky for you Burris has the lifetime warrantee, I would just send it back and say check it out please it doesn't move where it's told to go.

Karl

#14 ·
:thumbup:good news burris has sent a brand new scope it will be mounted friday and shoot saturday i hope it does better than the last one it looks good for deer season after all thank you to everyone and good luck hunting this year please hunt safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.