Deer Hunting Forums banner

stopping deer

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
i personally always try to stop a deer with the bow.ill do a little grunt trying to get their attention of course you better already be at full draw.

#4 ·
Believe this or not, I've never tried to stop a deer with voice, and don't shoot at moving deer with bow. Seems like they just stop naturally with-in the kill zone??? If I needed to though I would try something, probably would come out like a bull moose in heat :yucky:

#9 ·
Smells

I would use some sort of smell somewhere in front of you. if it's before the rut, use a doe or buck urine smell and spray it on some leaves in 3-4 places in front of your stand about 20 yds away. Deer have UNBELIEVABLE smelling senses and they will pick up on it. if it's during the rut, spray some estrus scent but I wouldn't do as many places with it. When that's all that's on the buck's mind, he'll find that one place. Grunting works to get them to stop, but you had better be ready to let the arrow fly within a second after you make a sound- just to be safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.