Deer Hunting Forums banner

Bow hunting in the morning

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
ill be taking an older guy i go to church with hunting in the morning. he has yet to get one with a bow so i am trying to put him on a deer. the weather is suppose to be rainy. im just hoping it will hold off for a little while or just be a few small showers. it is suppose to start thunderstorming around noon or so. its suppose to be cloudy tonight and there is only a quarter moon so maybe the deer will not move much till early daylight. i just hope that rain holds off. we will see. 3:45am comes early though so im signing off. wish me and him some hunting/weather luck.

#5 ·
Don't let the Blues settle in buckfever, It's tough as heck to take someone on a Bow hunt. The problem is, when taking someone you decrease your chances drastically at seeing deer, it's hard enough when we're alone but now it's his scents and yours, it's his movements and yours, it's his noises and yours...
In order to UP the odds in the hunters favor the 2 hunters have to be somewhat equally skilled kinda like when we watch hunting Video's the camerman is always a skilled hunter as well as the featured hunter.

I hunt alot with Phillip and I taught him well, I'm confident he's doing what he needs to (as best he can) when we're hunting together. It wasn't like that in the beginning but now things are a little different but again it boils down to skill levels.

My advice would be, put your buddy in the stand and you be the Dog. if you move the deer around for him you may just put the deer of a lifetime in front of your buddy or you may be able to sneak up on one yourself. :)

Good luck to both of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.