Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Scent-loc Camo Clothing
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 38
ScentLok is being sued right now by a group of Minnesota hunters. Google ScentLok being sued and you should find some more info.

Scientific research has proved that activated carbon cannot be reactivated in a home dryer. Temperatures higher than what a home dryer can produce needs to be reached for the carbon to be reactivated. Once the carbon is activated at the manufacturer it begins to absorb odor, and the carbon can only hold so much. Another thing is that the carbon inside those suits only covers approximately 40% leaving 60% for scents to pass through.

A lot of people will argue that the military uses activated carbon for chemical warfare. This is true, however they suits are activated and then sealed. When needed the packages are opened, the garments donned and when the military personnel is done using the suit they are thrown away never to be used again. It seems as if the military knows that activated carbon is not to be reused.

There is much research and debate online, again go to google and type in Does ScentLok work? That should yield you some results.

In the end the choice is up to you. Just make sure you are comfortable with your research and choice.
Whitetail_ENT is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome