Deer Hunting Forums banner

Why is my Lab scared?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  delbert 
#1 ·
I found a yellow lab on side of the road about a month ago. She was severely underweight and, come to find out, she has pretty bad heart worms. Anyway we're getting all that stuff taken care of...she's gaining weight and doing heart worm treatments with the vet. Someone mistreated her and she has a very shy side to her. She's scared to death of a spotlight and a flash from a camera. Truck lights don't bother her though. We can't figure out why she's so scared of a light though. Does anyone have any ideas about how she became so scared of a spotlight?

#3 · (Edited)
Hi Friend,

Maybe someone has spotted her at night and shot at her, to drive her off. You said she was a free roaming dog. Some people don't like having strange animals around their home. You never can tell what some folks will do, now-a-days.

AJHunter

Ps. Or maybe a lightning storm, has had some impact in the dogs life, somehow.

G
#6 ·
One of my german short hairs is the same way. Thunder, firework's booms, pretty much any real loud noise like that makes him whine and whimper and crawl under my feet, but the odd thing, you can shoot a shotgun over him all day long and not a twitch out of him. I was kinda guessing it was just that low frequency that bugs him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.