Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Bass fishin'
Thread: Bass fishin'
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
flexj
B&C 140 Class

Bass fishin'

I was out sitting by the pond waiting for the turkeys to sound off yesterday evening, and decided to try this old pond. I hadn't fished there for a couple years. It used to be a good bass pond, but the moss has taken it over through the summer months. It wasn't completely covered yet, so I threw on a banjo minnow and went to work. On the very first cast I hooked into the biggest bass I have ever caught. I didn't have a scale with me, but it was easily bigger than the 7lb. 11oz. bass I have on the wall. It was a female and about to pop with her eggs. I also noticed as I removed the hook that there was a tail fin sticking out of her throat. I guess she tried to take a bluegill that was a little too long. lol. I was excited then about the fishing and forgot all about the turkey hunting...oh well. I went on to catch quite a few nice size bass including one more that was probably over 5lb. and several in the 3-4lb range. It was good. Moral of the story...don't forget about those little farm ponds...they can be good fun.

John Eitzen

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome