Deer Hunting Forums banner

crappies

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Becca! I just use

Hi Becca! I just used the tablecloth vinyl you can buy off the giant rolls at Wal-Mart. It doesn't maettr too much, as long as the vinyl can't be easily ripped or torn. I'm making another one this week, and I'm going to try iron-on vinyl this time.

G
#3 · (Edited)
guest blogger. it ca

guest blogger. it can save you tons of hechaades, and it keep you from getting bitter.because truth-be-told, after hearing, can i reprint this how-to? or can i use this image? free of charge for the hundredth time, you're going to get a little testy. and you could quite

#9 ·
Years ago, there was a guy that had a morning radio show here. His name was Les Morgan. He started his show by yellin out "HERE CRAPPIE, CRAPPIE!" He always said if you want to catch crappie, you got to fish in front of them. :biggrin: Crappie fishin is big down here. I always used a small curl tail jig (1.5 - 2") with an 1/8 oz lead head. Preferably yellow, sometimes chartruse, green. Small minnows work good too.

Oh and nice fish ya got there too.

G
#8 · (Edited)
I grew up on Chautau

I grew up on Chautauqua lake and did 90% of my fishing on the sohdisute by Carlson's boat landing and the Celeron wall. It's really always been pretty strong up in the north end where you guys are. Now I live by Irondequoit where the perch are huge but I miss Chautauqua. Great narration always great watching your videos 5 stars.

#10 ·
Here in NW Ohio crappies are a spring fish, flesh is firm, when water gets too warm the flesh tends to soften up and not quite as good. Ronn, you have way too much time on your hands, where's that 2nd-3rd job to prevent having outdoor fun??? Nice fish and good eating. Would rate crappies right behind Lake Erie yellow perch and walleye. Blue gill are also great eating fish. Bass are way down the list for eating and I encourage the release also!

G
#11 ·
just got done taste testing the crappie. very good. much like white or yellow perch through the ice. i'm with you hm bass taste like the bottom of the lake to mebut fun to catch. much rather just turn them loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.