Deer Hunting Forums banner

snow

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
we usually get a decent winter here but this yr snow was sparse i wish we had the snow we just got today during our shot gun muzzleloader season darn it lol!:wallbash:

#9 ·
Believe it or not, we even got ~ 3 inches of that white stuff yesterday. Okay, it was gone by mid-day today since the weather warmed up into the 50's.

Last snow we got was on Easter weekend 2007. Couldn't get snow for Christmas, Turkey Day, or New Years, but got it on Easter weekend. Hard to believe, but that's a fact, Jack!

#10 ·
We just got 16 inches of snow yesterday here in the Champlain valley region of Vermont.
Today they're calling for rain ..... :yucky:

#12 ·
Here's something you guys might find interesting about snow in Montana. In this part of the country, water is pretty precious. To a large extent, we depend on melting mountain snow to provide water for irrigation, etc. In a sense, the mountain snow-pack is our reservoir. The last report I heard, had our snowpack at around 75-80% of normal for this time of year. We need more snow.

#16 ·
ronn, we hunt over 7-8 wells now, 1 big pumping compressor ties in a whole lot of wells. Whats sad is first they took clay which left tunnels under ground everywhere, then coal several times, just when the hunting gets good they tear it up again, and gas wells everywhere. Somebody is making money, not me :crybaby:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.