Deer Hunting Forums banner

Rain, Rain, Rain

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  critter gitter 
#1 ·
yep thursday is my day off this week and its suppose to rain all day. that stinks. i can hope though. maybe the weather man is wrong and it want be that bad.

#2 · (Edited)
well well well

the weather man was wrong. it was cloudy but no rain. i checked the radar before i left the house and noticed i should have till about 830 am before it started raining. i shot a 6 pointer about 8:00 am thinking it was fixing to start but it still did not. i don think it started raining till about 2 pm. i was laying in the bed at this time so i really dont know. here is the story of why i was in the bed.

I found the deer pretty quick and started my long drag down the mountain. after about 100 yards of dragging i started filling like i was going to lose my breakfast. yep i lost my breakfast and everything else i think i had ate for the past week. :yucky: you talk about not wanting to be in the woods at that moment!! to beat it all i started throwing up next to one of my good stands. talk about controlling your scent!! im just glad i had a hunting buddy with me that felt the need to just drag my deer down for me so i could stop and heave every 100 yds. im sure yall wanted to here this!! my hunting partner found these events quite entertaining and horse laughed me the whole time. thats just wrong. but at least i tagged something. now that the coming out both ends has slowed down and the fever started to ease i can enjoy the hunting experience. and oh yeah that finnegan medicine stuff they sell really works. that way you can keep the fever meds down. my body still feels like i got ran over by a train but its all up hill from here.:thumbup:

#3 ·
almost forgot!!

yep on the day i got sick in the woods i also lost my wedding ring. (the wife loved that, actually she took it well and just laughed at me.) i was climbing my my tree when i heard something go dink off my treestand and hit the leaves below me. i shined my flashlight down and looked but did not notice anything below. i checked my belongings and made sure i had everything needed to hunt and made sure my treestand was still intake. (bolts etc. in place) everything looked good so i went ahead and made my way up the tree. it was not until i had been sitting awhile that i noticed my ring was gone. after the hunt my hunting partner and i looked thru the leaves for awhile but had no luck. the leaves are 6 inches deep so it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

But i'll find it thanks to our member--- Jayson. He said he has a metal detector he will let me borrow next weekend. special thanks to Jayson from my wallet and my wife. wish me luck on finding it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.