Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Rain, Rain, Rain
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 03:19 PM

Default well well well

the weather man was wrong. it was cloudy but no rain. i checked the radar before i left the house and noticed i should have till about 830 am before it started raining. i shot a 6 pointer about 8:00 am thinking it was fixing to start but it still did not. i don think it started raining till about 2 pm. i was laying in the bed at this time so i really dont know. here is the story of why i was in the bed.

I found the deer pretty quick and started my long drag down the mountain. after about 100 yards of dragging i started filling like i was going to lose my breakfast. yep i lost my breakfast and everything else i think i had ate for the past week. you talk about not wanting to be in the woods at that moment!! to beat it all i started throwing up next to one of my good stands. talk about controlling your scent!! im just glad i had a hunting buddy with me that felt the need to just drag my deer down for me so i could stop and heave every 100 yds. im sure yall wanted to here this!! my hunting partner found these events quite entertaining and horse laughed me the whole time. thats just wrong. but at least i tagged something. now that the coming out both ends has slowed down and the fever started to ease i can enjoy the hunting experience. and oh yeah that finnegan medicine stuff they sell really works. that way you can keep the fever meds down. my body still feels like i got ran over by a train but its all up hill from here.

Last edited by buckfever; 12-22-2006 at 09:20 PM.