Deer Hunting Forums banner

Taurus

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Does anybody know anything about taurus revolvers?

G
#2 ·
not much cause i'm not a big fan with an exception "the judge". i like the idea and it looks to be a good personal defence revolver. i shot one of their 357 mags and it went bang. i think fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired but they work. now their semis seem to get sent back for repair, which seems to be a chore itself, from what i've noticed and the gun shop.

#5 ·
Taurus has come along way. IMHO. for the price of their firearms along with the lifetime no questions asked warranty. a deal you almost can't pass up. Had a great experience with their customer service. used one of their handguns as a club to beat a hog in the head with. broke the grips off and bent something. sent a letter with gun. gun still had hair and blood on it. lol. fixed up no problem. :thumbup::thumbup:

#6 ·
i have owned 3 tauruses. all 3 were nice guns. the first was a snub nosed .357, real nice gun but i sold it cause cash was tight and i got a real good offer on it. the second was a taurus model 66 .357 mag. i bought it as a hunting side arm. real nice gun i had to get rid of it cause i am right handed and left eye domonant, and needed a gun that i could put crimson trace grips on. it was replaced by my ruger super redhawk .44mag. the third taurus is a model 85 UL .38 spc+p(ultra light) it is my carry and conceal gun (wich obviasly means i trust it with my life). no they are not quite as smoth as the rugers and other high end (expencive) guns. but they are nice and verry reliable guns. hope this helps.

#11 ·
Not sure if the original poster bought something yet... I have a Taurus Titanium in .41 Mag with the ported barrel. I like it quite a bit although it recoils like a mule even with the ports. Although that grip makes it not as noticeable. I hope to hunt with it one day at close range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.