Deer Hunting Forums banner

hunting in NC

10K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jerodx 
#1 ·
this year is going to be an exciting rifle season, i have the opprotunity to hunt with my dad in NC, it is going to to be an awesome week. Lots of deer, lots of land, and even baith piles something we aint used to here in TN cant wait to post the big one we shoot

#4 ·

no it aint cheatin it is called smart at least i have a better chance to see five or six deer a day than none at all

Response to NC deer: Nah the deer there are almost the same as they are here.

But i have seen some monsters shot there. My dad has a perfect 10 pointer on

the wall and i snapped a cap muzzelloading on a 10, But my uncle shot one of the

largest eight pointers i have ever seen. So to answer your question i would have

to say they do get big but antler mass is still the same as TN, I love the south but

it just cant grow deer like the north midwest states

#6 ·
my guess would be they will eventually make baitin legal in tenn. our state is becoming over run with deer in alot of areas. over a 1/3 of the state already lets you take 3 doe a day.. still takin a nice deer feeding on natural resources like acorns or persimmions has gotta feel better..

#8 ·
me too!!!!

heck yeah i would bait if it were legal. but it aint so i dont. as overrun as tennessee has become with deer you can take a doe just about every time you hunt. and hey does usually taste better than bucks you just cant hang does on your wall well actually you could but most dont. here in tennessee we need to lower our doe population to leave more food around so the boys can grow better horns!!!!!!!!!:wacko:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.