Deer Hunting Forums banner

winding down

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  joel the signman 
G
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I have until Jan. 30. The best thing is most hunters are gone and I have everything to myself. Jan. is a very tuff month to locate mature bucks but with no one mucking up my set ups I'm hoping to bag # 2 for the season. With the lack of food and cover the deer have limited choices so we will see how it goes. Thank goodness for Arctic Shield clothing is all I have to say. BURRRRRRR

#4 ·
deer season on my lease is over the 15th of this month. don't really need anymore meat, so i'll wait till next season. gonna go over to texas and turkey hunt this year. also chase Osceolas here in Florida. fill the time between now and spring chasing hogs around on public land.

#5 ·
I'm going to be hunting PA for most of the next six days, till the season ends. (might as well.....no work available) I don't have a lot of hope for antlers since a lot of the bucks have dropped them by now.

After that, it's time to let my beagles have some fun too. Watch out bunnies! :biggrin:

#7 ·
This is the last weekend for bow in Illinois. still have severeal inches of snow on the ground and it is supposed to be frostbite cold this weekend with the windchill. I am trying to decide whether to climb a tree or stay on the ground and out of the wind.

Good luck all, as your seasons expire.

#10 ·
deer is done cept for special firearms on Long island.however small game is still going till feb 28th thinking of doing some squirell sniping with the 22.also want to go phesant hunting at one of those farms with my dad he s getting old i asked him but hes not sure he can handle the walking may have to go by myself,also the big game show season is starting up the biggie is in march

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.