Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - To sit or to stand?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 09:23 AM

glad to have you join up and welcome. so sit or stand is the question. when i hunt out of my climber with a bow i have the same problem. i have to stand to shoot. ive got deer out of my climber with a bow though. move very slow. and you will learn the times you can move and when you cant. for instance if the deer are feeding or looking another way than slowly stand up and get ready. if they are giving you the stare down, than dont move a muscle. you will be surprised at how many does have seen me and could not figure out what i was and so they carried on about their normal business. (covering your scent is very key in this) what i try to do is when i hear the deer coming i go ahead and stand up and get in a position to shoot. in my hang-on stands i could shoot from the seated position but it seems like i usually end up standing anyway. alot of hunters that have the money go buy a bowhunter tree stand that does not have the bar in front. i have yet to do that though. another thing i have to watch when i use my climber is not to sit to high in my seat compared to my foot platform. im a short guy and when i have to stand with my bow if im not careful on certain shots the bottom of my bow would bump into the top bar of my stand. very nerve racking when that is the only shot you have on a deer.

hope this helps some. take it easy.