Deer Hunting Forums banner

big week

6K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
comming up. i got 2 test and 4 final exams this week.

code welding thery- test mon, final wed.
triginomitry- test tue, final wed.
metalurgy (like biology but of metal) - final fry.
code welding lab- final thurs

yippy.

#10 ·
and the only thing I have to do is retake the TN hunters safety course.. I called the TWRA to get them to resend me a certificate before I go on that AL hunt and they could not find my records.. It took them forever to find my brothers.. I was only 9 (maybe 8) at the time so she said it could have been placed in a "too young to complete course pile". 9 is the youngest age. Their system changed over in 1999 so they have to go back to old systems or paper trails to try and find your stuff. No such luck while I was on the phone and I didnt want to take a chance of missing an already scheduled hunt so I scheduled a time to reshoot. You just have to complete online class before you shoot. I am on about Hour 8 and almost done. Last chapter right now. I go for a shoot this Thurs. The online class takes forever because you have a minimum amount of time you have to spend studying each chapter before you quiz.

Good luck deerless and HuntNH..

#14 ·
Hope you got through that ok hunt NH..

Did my class Thursday last week. No, cant say I learned anything new but the safety stuff was impounded in my head once more. That never hurts. Once you hear something enough it sticks with you. It was cool checking out the barrels of different rifles that had blown up. Each of them because of an obstruction in the barrel.

#16 ·
it all whent well. glad its over. now i got a month before the next semester starts. after that i will have my degree.:biggrin: cant wait. i have been working on my degree for three years, on a part time basis. should be making way more $$$ with the degree than when it all started.

#17 ·
huntNH,

Congrats, even if it is a little early. Spent the better part of the past for or five years finishing first a bachelor, then a masters degree. Better half thought I was married more to my laptop than I was to her by the time it was all over and done with. But it's already paid dividends by getting a 'promotion' and a significant pay raise earlier this year.

Keep up the good work! It's nice to be able to see that light at the end of the tunnel.

#18 ·
thanks. little backround. i started welding about 4 years ago as a hobbie. i was good at it. next thing i knew my boss was asking me if i could help out in the weld booth when i wasent to buizzy on the loading dock. that lasted about 3 more months. durring that time my boss asked me if i would be willing to get cirtifyed. with being self tought i wanted to go to school before trying to take a weld test. so i whent to the VA (veteran Affairs offace) to see about using my GI bill. because i was over 30% disabled they approved me for the Voc. rehab program and i started working on my degree 1/2 time scedual. after the first 3 months helping in the weld both, and going to school an opening became availible for me to move off the loading dock and into te weld booth full time. i took the new job and a $3.05 an hr raise and took and passed my welder cirtification test. that lasted 2 years till the start of this summer when the economy took a turn for the worce. i got layed off. so i decieded to go to school full time and get the degree. now i realy cant wait for all that hard work to pay off.

#21 ·
realy looking falward to working for a real welding company. using my skills and makeing a income that alows me to live comfortably, buy all the toys i want and still having cash left over to save for my kids collage and my retirment. as much as i loved my old job, that place was kind of a joke and only payed enuff to get me buy.

#27 ·
congrats nh theres a huge demand for certified welders right now.i was a welder for several years not certified but fully trained through my union,make sure ya wear a respirator those fumes can give ya parkinsons .keep at it you'll make big bucks:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.