Deer Hunting Forums banner

WAY P.O.ed at "Field and Stream" Magazine

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  stairman 
#1 · (Edited)
I had to do a double-take when I opened the Dec./Jan. issue of "Field and Stream" to their article on venison recipes entitled "America's Meat" (pg 86). Underneath the title, they have a picture of a used table napkin with food/mouth stains all over it. The napkin is an American flag!!!!!! I can't tell you how pissed-off I am about this. What the hell were they thinking!!!! With hundreds of thousands of service men and women putting their lives on the line every day to save that flag and everything it represents, these idiots decide it's OK to use a flag as a napkin??!! I believe they owe an apology to every one of those American heroes as well as all us sportsmen and women and the American people as well. Until they apologize, I'm never buying one of their magazines again. I intend to send them this same message. I urge every one of you to do the same. Let's show these bums that the American flag is not considered a table napkin by us and show them how we feel about their using it as such. DON'T BUY "Field and Stream". Please send this to all your sportsman friends. Write to FIELD abd STREAM, Cheers and Jeers, 2 Park Ave., New York, NY 10016; or email: FSletters@bonniercorp.com

#4 ·
A Flag?? Thats amazing. I have never even seen a Flag napkin before. Only the ones that would have the colors of red, white, and blue but never a flag. Thats gotta be sac relgious or something.

A napkin is used to wipe away waste. Same as toilet paper. Would F & S support that? You wouldn't thank so. Someone somewhere dropped the ball on this. There is no way they were using their head on this one. Watch the classifieds. There will be f&s final editor looking for a job.

#5 ·
Did some looking on google.. They do make the T.P. Its famous in the same countrys that keep producing terrorist.

Also found this. This is a quote from enwikpedia on what flag descration could be.

Toilet paper, napkins, doormats, and other such items may also be manufactured bearing the image of the flag, so that the flag's image will be destroyed or dirtied in the course of everyday activities.

Flag desecration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#6 ·
i dont know. id have to see the picture. if i showed up at a buddys house for a 4th of july party and all his stuff was dect out in Amarican flag stuff, as many of these partys are. and the "napkins" were collored like the Amarican flag i would not wipe my mouth on my sleeve. but if i showed up and insted of having nipkins the were actual small flags, he would be in for a fight wether he wanted it or not.

#7 · (Edited)
To huntNH, this was NOT just red,white and blue paper. It was an American flag napkin. You have an interesting point about showing up at a friends on the 4th, and I probably wouldn't be upset if they had just used red, white and blue colored napkins, as the title of the article is "America's Meat". I just think to use the flag itself, and to show it soiled by waste is very disrespectful. Of course, in this country you are perfectly free to disagree with that, and if you do, maybe you might also be interested in American flag toilet paper. I mean, where does it stop?

#9 ·
i was just pionting out that i would have to see the pic before getting all up in Arms about it. beleave me there is no room in my heart for thoughs who disrspect the flag. i am a third generation vet, and do not tolerate people disrespecting the flag around me.

#11 ·
I cant take all the ads in mags these days. The cover will be impressive but cut out all the ads and you end up with maybe a dozen pages. You pay a premium price for it so why do they need all the other ads? I think Greed! and shame on them for the flag napkin pic. Im sure there hearing about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.