Deer Hunting Forums banner

seeing any?

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  timberghost 
G
#1 ·
anyone keeping their eyes open for turkey fior in the spring. I've seen a group of 4 toms? jakes? anywho they'll be long beards this spring.

#2 ·
Oh gosh the Turkey are everywhere here. In the mornings I've been hearing yelp a little then that excited cut before they fly down and you could hear them walking/scratching/light yelping. Even in the evenings they fly up and scare the crap out of me because I'm not expecting them to be there.

#3 ·
I havent seen any yet. But then again I have not hunted our lease but maybe a total of 5 hrs this year. That is where all the turkeys are at. I tend to forget about turkeys when deer season is here. Hopefully I will be on the lease a good bit around the later part of Dec.

#12 ·
Today I watched two toms pulverize a small jake to the point that he just liad there even after they walked off. They stomped on him for three minutes after he went down.I've never seen such a beating usually they just kick each other with their spurs and peck one another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.