Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - do deer return after being spooked?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Scrub Buck

Default do deer return after being spooked?

Today I was hunting and I spooked either 2 3 or maybe 4 does. The area is in a town and it is pretty isolated and a small area of woods. I walked in and a jumped a larger doe she was alone and I dont think she smelled me or saw me. I walked farther and got to one side of the woods and another one or possibly the same one got spooked and ran. Then on my was back the way I came as I was leaving i spooked two together. these two definatly smelt and saw me. The first didnt smell me because she was up wind from me. Like I said These woods dont have a whole lot of places to run to but if they did leave because I was their will they return when they feel its safe? I wont be able to hunt this area again for a week and a half should they return by then? Their isn't a lot of hunting pressure here only me and one or two more hunters. It is isolated by streets and a town to one side and a pond on another. They could only go two ways and they would be going through houses. So do you think it is likely they will return or should I find a new hunting area? thanks