Deer Hunting Forums banner

Sons 1st Bow Kill

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Hunting Man Jr 
#1 ·
This was a wonderful afternoon. Tanner had passed on several does as we waited on a buck that was still 70 yards out. The painful wait was wreakin havoc on my nerves. Finally the buck was 18yds. quartering away and Tanner " Let him have it" I hollered for joy this is the first animal he has ever fired a bow. I was shaking so bad it took me 20 min. before I could climb out of my stand & go help him out of his treestand. The deer ran 80yds. He is an 8pt. 160 lbs.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#6 · (Edited)
it would buy 300 bil

it would buy 300 billion in Treasuries and a tilrlion in GSE debt, the index dropped about 2% in a matter of minutes, if I recall correctly. And the dollar index has continued to fall for the last six months.Even if the Fed and Treasuries strategy wins, part of the result will likely be a lower standard of living for Americans as the dollar weakens and the standard of living of workers in countries supplying us (like BRICK countries) increases. In my opinion, our best hope for the future is to hope that the FED and Treasury are successful and that the new Energy plan (based on the Picken's Plan) that is now in committee in Congress is passed. Moving from reliance on foreign oil to a higher percentage of reliance on domestic natural gas and other energy sources is a necessary transition to avoid being crushed in the peak oil energy shortage that began to hit in 2007 and 2008 when oil demand started to exceed world oil production of something like 85 million barrels a day. A move toward energy independence will significantly help our balance of payments, make us more secure without increasing the need for military spending, create jobs and probably be good for the environment. If we don't solve the energy problem, our economy is doomed and housing prices will be the least of our problems because we'll be back to the horse and buggy era. The irony then will be that buggy whips will make a come back as the new hot investment opportunity. Rate this comment: 0 0

#7 ·
That's awesome!!! There is nothing like seeing your son shoot his first deer. I too had the same experience this Nov when my youngest (14) shot his first deer, a button buck. My hands were shaking so bad watching the deer come in that I thought I was going to come unglued. Congrats on this great moment! Very nice "first" buck!!

#8 ·
wtg young man stick with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.