Deer Hunting Forums banner

Best way to kill

9K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Hunterdad 
#1 ·
How is the best way to kill a wounded deer if you can walk up to it ?

#2 ·
shoot it in the heart,its quick and humane.

#5 ·
A club no poke it in the eye no sit on it's head no grab it by the tail swing it around and hit it's head on a tree awwww never mind just shoot it again. j/k
Seriously what ever you do be carefull and don't get to close to the hoofs or horns cause they can hurt ya.

#6 ·
yeah we touch the eye and if it isnt a trophy worthy buck...shoot behind the ear so it is a guaranteed kill...it stinks to do that though

#7 ·
This may sound bad but instead of wasting another round, i will just knife if through the heart. That can get dangerous though and i wouldnt recommend it if you dont feel comfortable. Ive done this on 2 deer and it has worked out. Sometimes its sad because the knife will pulse with the heart for a few seconds before it stops.

#9 ·
I also shoot in the head quick kill + if there is any chance the heart is not damaged I am not wasting it
I love the heart better then the tenderloins

#11 ·
I do it the same as huntingman, get in close enough for one more vital shot or head.
I cut a Doe's throat once to end her suffering after she was hit by a Vehicle,
I had a knife and a pistol on me but she was on the edge of the roadway, I was waiting for a Game Warden but
his arrival was taking too long and I couldn't stand to hear her suffer any longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.