Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - gettin lil man into huntin
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 PM
B&C 180 Class

congrats on getting him involved.I taught my nephew how to shoot a 22 at 6yrs old.we did single shot full safety gear ,speach etc.he 's 12 now can legal hunt small game his mom wont let him have his own gun but does have a pellet gun under lock and key.hes taken his bow safety class and will be taking his gun safety class this year then he gets his first license.I bought him a lifetime license when he was born.Its all in the training and upbringing.I wouldnt allow him to have access to the guns without being present but otherwise go for it.just remember they dont have the endurance of a grown man and get bored easily.you may not get to do a lot of actual hunting and cant get upset when ya got to leave.thats my 2 cents
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky