Deer Hunting Forums banner

PA permits

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  maztech89 
#1 ·
Luck of the draw I guess, my son and I have each have 3 tags for PA this year, only 1 can be buck. This will allow the annual flintlock hunt to continue even if its for a doe. One thing PA does that works out pretty well is that if you don't tag a buck in archery or rifle season your big game tag is good for either or in the late flintlock season after Christmas. Now just have to make room in the freezer!

#3 ·
NC Tags

We have a 6 deer limit this year and no more than 4 bucks can be taken.

After that the great state of nc has decided that there will be unlimited bonus doe tags availible(like last year), only this year they will be issued to the tune of 10 dollars a piece. :yucky: I guess they based this off of how many bonus tags were filled last year and wanted to make a little extra "dough" themselves. :yes:

One thing is for sure hunting man, the deer in your neck of the woods will be a heck of a lot larger and you won't need to shoot so many to fill that freezer of yours. :thumbup:

#8 ·
Quick semi off topic question. The check mailed in for a doe license, do they cash that whether they send you one or not? I applied end of July as I was waiting on my new checks to arrive, it was cashed 5th of this month and I havent recieved a thing? Is it an application fee, or a license fee. Im praying I get one even though I applied way late, Im dying to try archery hunting and I'm only hoping to get a doe my first year. Keep expectations low and dont get dissapointed haha.

Thank you for any info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.