Deer Hunting Forums banner

Dove hunting

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Slickhead Stalker RN 
#1 ·
Anybody like to dove hunt? Its part of my southern hertiage to go dove hunting the first sat. in sept. we always go to one of the WMA public fields.

#4 ·
always wanted to try it i love bird hunting and grouse and pheasant only provide so many shooting opportunites

#6 ·
dove hunting

I tell you their is no dout that a dove is the hardest thing that flies to hit, no matter how much you practice on clay targets, other game birds, theres nothing that comes close to the speed an agility of a dove its like they can see the bird shot coming an they twist an spin dart an dive right out of the way but what fun it is trying to kill one.

#8 ·
Dove hunting rocks! My mother always used to take me when I was younger. She loves to tell the story of how when she and my father were dating, two doves were flying at them. She said I will take the one on the left(she was using a break open 410) and you shoot the other one(he was using a pump 12 guage). He unloaded his gun to no avail. In the mean time, she dropped her bird, reloaded and got his too. She never let him live this one down. Sorry dad. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.