Deer Hunting Forums banner

Place

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
Are any of you from the south? Its alot different hunting and food plot plannting in the south than in the north. I would like to get some ideas on plannting in the south. Ive tried plannting a few times but havnt had much luck with it. Dont know if i planted the wrong things or if i done it at the wrong time. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Plus you have to consider the area. For instance, where I hunt over in Schliecher Co. TX (West Texas) is a totally different ecosystem even from where Droptine here is, let alone LA. So you have to see what works in your area. You might try asking local farmers what the deer are eating, (believe me they'll know they might even invite you to thin the herd a little ;) ) or even so far as to see what deer management companies in your area are using. Remember food plots arent just about attracting deer to kill, but for growing healthy ones that you can hunt in future seasons.

#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.