Deer Hunting Forums banner

Most accurate?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave1250 
#1 ·
Hello, I shoot a Remington 870 super mag. I do not have a slug barrel. I use a a modified choke out of the smooth bore. I get pretty good accuracy with various buckshot loads, whether it be a turkey load or small game 6 shot. My problem is with slugs. Which kind of slugs have you had luck with? Make, weight etc. I would appreciate any and all info.

Thanks,
Fuzz

#3 ·
Every gun is different. You will need to try several diff rifled slugs to find the best fit for your gun. To cut to the chase you really want to purchase a rifled slug barrel for your gun. If accuracy is what you are looking for it is the only way to go and in the long run will save you money as well as frustration. Save your pennies, lunch, birthday, and Xmas money. Money is tight for everyone but this will give you the results you are looking for.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Plain choke barrel, fosters will be your best choice. Rifled choke tube any but sabots, they usually dont perform well thru tubes and there have been complaints about copper solids and tubes too. Rifled barrel will shoot anything better. Bare minimum we allow with us is a plain choked barrel with some type of sights, quail/vent rib bead guns arent allowed with us on our properties or lease's. Bare minimum H&R/NEF make singleshot deer guns that can be had for less then $100 used. Ive heard too many horror stories and tracked too many deer for others shot with quail guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.