Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hello, new member signing in.

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Slugslinger 
#1 ·
Howdy folks, just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. Name is Casey. I am a hunter and a sportsman. I have to give up my bow this year, due to surgery I recently had. I can pull it back, but have waited so long to pick it up, I don't feel 100% on shooting it in the field. I am also buying a new bow soon and will hunt with it next year. I will be hunting few farms that holds some promise, will be chasing those deer with my soon to be new TC Triumph.

Have a great season and a safe one.

#5 ·
Greetings from Vermont Casey,, Glad to have you with us.
I'm sorry to hear you had a surgery causing you to miss this next Bow season But you're doing the right thing If you dont feel 100% ready,
just think of it as giving that big buck one more year to grow bigger for ya.
Good Luck !!!

#9 ·
Yeah checking into the possibility of crossbow hunting for this season isn't a bad idea at all. This is the first or second year that it has been allowed in NC.

#15 · (Edited)
Welcome from TN.. I enjoy compound bow hunting better than crossbow hunting but would change to a crossbow (WITHOUT A DOUBT) if thats what it took to get me in the woods for early season..

A camera man isnt bad work either.. Your still out there.. I enjoy doing that stuff as well.. You have to watch yourself with camera so you dont mess up your buds hunt. Still exciting work and beats sitting on the couch..

#17 ·
Welcome from Ohio AA. I'm not a crossbow user but neither am I against them for archery hunting seasons. Properly set and constant practice I see no advantage in accuracy of a crossbow vs a compound. I do agree with states that allow crossbows for hunters with disabilities that otherwise exclude crossbows in archery season. I had a Horton Legend crossbow with a 4X scope and just didn't enjoy hunting with it.

#21 ·
Your season is NOT lost, You may not be able to pull your bow, but I'll bet you can push a shuuter button on a camera. Get out there!! It was a few years ago that I was having trouble with my shoulder and could not pull my bow back. My hunting partner told me I was going hunting anyway. so I spent all of the archery season in the tree stand with a camera. Now we both have pictures on our walls that will last a long time. It was one of my best seasons ever. Even now that I am healthy again, I still have a camera in the stand with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.