Deer Hunting Forums banner

baiting

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 · (Edited)
New GUY ON THE BLOCK:HUNTERS hunt the way you want bait or not to bait its your choice WHERE its LEGAL! Iuse bait for my trail
cam good pic 1 10 point 2 eight 1 6 2spike and all kinds of does I use corn& popcorn poped Its Works Great Good Luck This Year!

#2 ·
I have to go with Ronn on this to each is own & to me food is food I am a stand & stalk hunter do not hunt over "bait" I do however hunt food sources "Bait" & I would rather see people hunt over a bait pile then having 20 people in the woods driving deer to standers
Up here we do not have the heard #s like a lot of other states so if you do feed them you may only see one or two at a time
& most people who do bait around me mostly catch them on their cams at night just my .02 cents for what it is worth (less then .02 now a day's)

#3 ·
I knew when I started this thread that it would draw a great diversity of opinions and imput. To sum up for myself, baiting is different from natural food sources, hunting over them is different from the fact that on natural food sources you must locate them, spend woods time homework, instead of creating a spot and inticing the game to that spot. There is most certainly a greater degree of skill exercized in hunting natural food sources than sitting over a baited spot. Food plots planted to draw deer in for harvesting is baiting and does increase the nutrition for the general herd. In the end whether you choose to bait (where legal) is your/my decision and how others may feel really doesn't matter. However, whether you agree with me or not baiting for harvesting is an easier form of hunting and most would better their skill levels if baiting was ever nationally banned. If you bait and its legal go for it. That's my take! HM

#4 ·
DEER Hunting Tips No Secrets!

Deer hunting has no tricks or secrets to hunting deer:You have to do your home work: That means scouting:Read everything you can about Deer &Deer hunting:Also keeping a log every time you go hunting sure helps;THE ONLY SECRET IN DEER HUNTING.IS IF YOU FIND A HOT SPOT!! KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF !!!! GOOD LUCK!

#6 ·
Keeping a log is very important to the growth of a hunters knowledge. Probably the biggest education that I have gained is being able to predict changes in travel corridors due to food sources and human encroachment. On my lands I can tell almost instantly if I have had trespassers or if a certain oak patch has started to drop. It is definitely one of those things that you only get what you put into it. The more detail the faster and more knowledge you will gain.:yes: It is the best way to learn and react to changes in deer movements on your hunting lands without the need of continually tracking up your property.

#7 ·
:wacko:This was an interesting string to watch. I've noticed that hunters at different levels of skill define "Hunting" differently. I wonder if the indians ever hunted over the corn they planted. Can you call chasing buffalo off cliffs hunting? In the present day we limit the tools we can use to make the challenge greater. The states set the minimum the rest is up to us. One of my greatest experiences was a half day stalk in Western Maryland on a single whitetail buck that I harvested from the ground with a bow at 6 yards. I was da man, but I'm too old for that. Now, I ambush them from above. Works for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.