Deer Hunting Forums banner

Somebody help me!

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Buckshot 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been bitten by the new boat bug.
With the new camp on the lake the wife has been wanting to get out on the boat more and more. The problem is the bass boat beats her to death, the water can get pretty rough at times. I started looking at boats and found pretty quick that new boat prices are still pretty high but that the used boat market is really good.

I have seen lots of boats the last couple of weeks some real dogs but some really good ones. I have found one that I think is what I'm looking for, it's a local boat (meaning never been in salt water), it has been trailered instead of being kept in the water and runs great. Anyway I made a rediculous offer and he took it so it looks lioke I have a new toy.

What do you think?

1994 Chaparall 2300SX
5.7 liter V8
Bravo 3 outdrive

Has all the canvas Bimini top with full enclosure cockpit cover the works.

See less See more
#8 ·
nice looking family boat good for skiing ,tubing etc did ya keep the bass boat?

#13 ·
I'm glad you said that, it is a 5.7 not a 7.4. I have looked at so many I put down the wrong size.

This thing has a hydrogen generator that is supposed to add about 20% to the fuel milage. Anybody ever heard of that?

#12 ·
sounds like the best of both worlds you kept the bass boat and now something for the whole family to enjoy

#14 ·
Buckshot, my best guess is someone installed a small fuel cell electrolysis hydrogen generator. If this is the case there should be a small vacuum tube hooked to the carberator inlet somewhere. The system spearates the hydrogen from water through positive/negative plates like a battery releasing the hydrogen and the vacuum on the motor then sucks it in increasing the hydrocarbon mix of the gasoline. This is susposed to cut fuel needs by up to 40%???? You should be able to locate a small canister with a two wire set up and a water intake hose and the vacuum tube to the carberator. I would assume the electrolysis plates would wear out and need replaced at some point. Many years ago there was another system whereby water was injected directly into the carberator atempting to do the same thing, releasing hydrogen during the combustion process. I'm not sure if these units are still in production. That's about it for me.

#16 ·
i read about those online they use em in diesal trucks too they call it the 6 pack system

#17 ·
#22 ·
OH yea we got water, From Chattanooga I could go North up the Tennessee river for over 100 miles and I could go down stream all the way to the gulf. The Tennessee is now a long string of impoundments.

Everybody interested in the Hydrogen generator I will try to post a link where you can get one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.