Deer Hunting Forums banner

Spin Feeder and soybeans...

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
I was wondering what yall thought about soybeans mixing with corn in a spin feeder...the deer in my area have responded very well to the soybeans and I am not out there enough to keep the pile "going" - do you think it will be too small of paricles to put in the feeder for the deer to pick up??? Does anyone put pellets into a spin feeder?

#2 ·
ETD, the soybeans should actually spin better than corn, being round. I don't see a problem for deer to have to scratch a bit for rewards. Its been many years since i ran a feeder but sometimes the grain wanted to keep falling out of the 55gal barrel past the spinner. I'm sure they have perfected that problem. Soybeans are probably higher in nutrition than corn which is really fairly low like 8% protien. Corn prices went very high here in the midwest close to 10.00/100 lb, how's corn in Texas. Right now the deer are feeding on neighbor's landscaping plants as feed is hard to get in the woods.

#7 ·
man i love soybeans they're 1.99 for a little bag of roasted ones:thumbdown: maybe i'll have you send me one of those 50# sacks ETD:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.