Deer Hunting Forums banner

wabbits

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sparta mi dlv 
G
#1 ·
does any one do much wabbit hunting? i had a couple beagles when i was a kid but its been a long long time since i said "Shhh be varwy quiwit. I'm huntin wabbits." it was always a good time. maybe i'll ask around and see if anyone here does much.

#2 ·
Im actually gonna try to do some small game this weekend.Rabbits have been scarce but ill kick the bush's anyway,squirrels,crows,grouse anything that presents itself is in trouble:thumbup:

#3 ·
I hope to be going in tyhe next couple of weeks. I talked to a friend yesterday that has a friend with a good pack of beagles. We are supposed to go up to the big lease and let them run. I can't wait, hunting rabbits behind a good pack is is something I've not been able to do in years.

Fried rabbit with big cat head biscut, gravey and a big slice of matter. YUM YUM

#4 ·
I love rabbit hunting! I got a beagle 2 years ago as a pup. He has been doing pretty good, but they say the third year is when they really start to get the hang of it so I'm looking forword to this year. there are tons of rabbits around here. He can be a pain because if he sees me going out without him, like deer hunting, he howls for about a half hour and drives my wife nuts. So I have to sneak out.

#5 ·
Not too many rabbits out at my lease. Every so often theyll be a jack rabbit or something, but its pretty arid for the little cottontails. We've just mostly got squirrels and some racoons, foxes, and coyotes, besides deer of course. We try and cull the coyotes and foxes to keep them from getting out of hand, but thats easier said than done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.