Deer Hunting Forums banner

Webmaster/site owner please read

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
As a hunter i value other hunters opinions.could you make a forum just on product reviews.i recently purchased a scope before ronn told me about it.and i have to say that without ever firing a shot with this scope,i can tell it's going to be a problem.it would be nice to read reviews of other real hunters before you make a purchase.just a thought.

#3 ·
No,you were right.mounted it.went to adjust the eyepeice and the rubber part came off in my hand.i know that's not that major,but that should not of happened.mailman had not been gone an hour. Not the same as the older ones were.the quality is just not there.

#5 ·
Just so everyone knows,and do not buy,simmons aetec (master series).it's now made in china.optics still look very clear,but quality is no longer there.i had 3 of the original aetec's and loved them.believe me they are not the same anymore.a review site on this website would be great.we are not paid endorsers,we are just real hunters and shooters who value other hunters opinions.we else can you find that.no where.thats why when i think of a new trail camera,i always go to chasingame.com.their reviews are real and unbiased.

#8 ·
I like the idea of reviews also, I think product reviews help all of us in one way or another But I gotta tell you If I were writing a review on the Simmons Aetec Series scopes I'd have to give them an A without hesitation.
Keeping in mind were talking about an entry level Simmons scope so you have to remember to consider Features & Quality vs. Price., It's different than say a review for a scope like the Leupold Competition scope which cost about a thousand bucks.
The Simmons Aetec features 1/4" MOA finger adjustable, the one piece tube construction has increased mounting area and is waterproof, shockproof and fogproof.
Add Simmons' new QTA™ Quick Target Acquisition eyepiece, which delivers a constant minimum 3.5 inches of eye relief and one of the most generous eye boxes in the industry, (perfect for shooters wearing Glasses) and you'll have the confidence to know that your AETEC will get the job done from shot to shot and season to season.
The Simmons Aetec line was the first to introduce aspherical lenses and the fully multi-coated optics feature the brightest and sharpest image available in its class and the truplex reticle is backed by a lifetime warranty. Considering the Aetecs sell for around 160 Dollars I'd say that's some really nice features for the money.
The Bottom line on your purchase is, If you're not happy with it I'm sure the seller will refund your money But you have to also keep in mind you won't find all those features in the other scope brands for the same price. Personally I would buy another Master series Aetec, just my opinion..

#7 · (Edited)
That's a good idea, but in the meantime, anyone who is considering buying any gun-related product can always post his intentions on here right now for lots of input from the guys. They have a lot of experience and are always willing to converse on the subject of equipment. Take a look at the posts in the Rifle Hunting section under "What scope to buy?" for an idea of what I mean.

#9 ·
BRUCE I MUST DISAGREE.THE AETEC IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL SIMMONS SCOPE.THAT IS THEIR TOP OF THE LINE.I DIDN'T PAY 20.00 FOR THEIR BLAZER SERIES.I DO AND SHOULD EXPECT MORE FROM ANY SCOPE COMPANIES TOP OF THE LINE.AM I WRONG?COMPARING IT TO THEIR ORIGINAL AETEC,IT'S NOT THE SAME QUALITY.ALL THIS SAID I HAVE YET TO FIRE 1 SHOT WITH IT YET.I PROMISE EVERYONE,THAT IF I HAVE NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE SCOPE,I WILL POST IT ALSO.BELOW IS A FEW REVIEWS THAT I FOUND AFTER I BOUGHT IT.
Purchased this scope from manufacture after my original Aetec scope suffered a bent tube. After less than 10 rounds at the range the reticle rotated from a "+" to an "x". I could tap the side of the objective and the reticle would move. After removing the scope I could shake it a hear something rattling inside. Scope was very clear, but just couldn't stand up. I had this mounted on a 7mm-08.

Mounted it on a 338Win Mag and after about ten rounds fired the insides started to rattle. Sent to Simmons and it was repaired and returned for a $15 fee. Tried it on a 30-06 with the same results, and another $15. It's on a 17HMR now and I hope it will stand the recoil. I'm not going to waste any more money on this scope and neither should you.

#10 · (Edited)
I guess I worded that poorly, when I said Entry level I meant compared to the Top Name Companies, Swarovski, Leupold, Trijicon, etc.. which outclass the simmons by a long shot.... Simmons is more of an Entry level Hunters "choice" (based on dollar value) not an entry level scope, but the Simmons scopes do have tons of features and are innovative.
I had a simmons Aetec, it was a really good scope for what I paid for it., I never had a problem with it mounted on a Savage .30-06 and when I shoot I don't shoot just a few rounds, It's nothing for me to go through a couple boxes each time I shoot so the one I had did get the feel of an 06 recoil, the guy that has it now loves it and yes it was one of the made in china models maybe I was lucky and got one from a good batch or maybe they have really fallen drastically in quality and worksmanship over the last 4 years, either way I still got to ask you If you're not happy with your purchase why not just send it back for a refund?
I surely wouldn't keep it If i thought it was going to be a problem from the get go.

G
#11 · (Edited)
bruce i think its the last 4 years. thats about how old my older ones are and they are good plus. the one i got last year let go after 3 shots. definitely not the same quality has the older ones. don't know where the older ones were made. simmoms had that 44 mag and the aetec as their top guns back then. the aetec is still their top gun which i got to say doesn't speak well for simmons.

and i agree send it back if you think its going to be something thats in your mind.

#14 ·
we are wanting to add a hunting review section in the future... This idea is still in the works.. We want to set up it up by different sections. For example

Rifles
Handguns
Scopes

Etc....

We got this thought in our head we just need to put it down...

Thanks and keep those ideas coming

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.