Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Webmaster/site owner please read
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 07:56 PM
B&C 100 Class

BRUCE I MUST DISAGREE.THE AETEC IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL SIMMONS SCOPE.THAT IS THEIR TOP OF THE LINE.I DIDN'T PAY 20.00 FOR THEIR BLAZER SERIES.I DO AND SHOULD EXPECT MORE FROM ANY SCOPE COMPANIES TOP OF THE LINE.AM I WRONG?COMPARING IT TO THEIR ORIGINAL AETEC,IT'S NOT THE SAME QUALITY.ALL THIS SAID I HAVE YET TO FIRE 1 SHOT WITH IT YET.I PROMISE EVERYONE,THAT IF I HAVE NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE SCOPE,I WILL POST IT ALSO.BELOW IS A FEW REVIEWS THAT I FOUND AFTER I BOUGHT IT.
Purchased this scope from manufacture after my original Aetec scope suffered a bent tube. After less than 10 rounds at the range the reticle rotated from a "+" to an "x". I could tap the side of the objective and the reticle would move. After removing the scope I could shake it a hear something rattling inside. Scope was very clear, but just couldn't stand up. I had this mounted on a 7mm-08.

Mounted it on a 338Win Mag and after about ten rounds fired the insides started to rattle. Sent to Simmons and it was repaired and returned for a $15 fee. Tried it on a 30-06 with the same results, and another $15. It's on a 17HMR now and I hope it will stand the recoil. I'm not going to waste any more money on this scope and neither should you.