Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Scent question
Thread: Scent question
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 10:51 AM
B&C 140 Class

Waggle I use to think the same way. I also thought that the areas I hunted did not have prize bucks. Then I met a man that every year here in this state shot a big buck off of public land. Well after several years of leaning on him for knowledge he took me hunting with him for one year and I shot my first big buck. He passed on the next summer but that one season changed everything for me. This guy was amazing how well he could read sign. I still can't do what he could do but I'm getting better. Yes luck exists but year after year no way. It is like a professional poker player it is not always the cards you're dealt but how you play them that ups your odds of winning. All of my posts on here is really just trying to convey this point. Best of all anyone can do it if one is willing to put in the extra effort. You don't have to hunt a lot if you hunt smarter. I hate to put someone on the spot but Southern Man is a prime example of what I am talking about so is Ronn. I'll leave it up to them if they would like to comment but these guys I know personally and have upped their game 10 fold. AND they are having fun doing it besides that thing called WORK (That's a nasty 4 letter word) LOL

Last edited by wmi; 11-27-2008 at 11:01 AM.